Syracuse Alliance Church is part of a greater movement of Churches around the world. Locally we are part of the Northeastern District of The Alliance. The U.S. Alliance is part of a Christ-centered global movement more than 6 million strong. Our Acts 1:8 family—inspired by Jesus’ love and empowered by His Spirit—is passionate to bring the good news about Him to our neighborhoods and world.
New Employment Posting: March 27, 2019
Syracuse Alliance Church
Pastoral Asst./Church Admin Position Description
Position Title: Pastoral Assistant / Church Administrator
Position Purpose: The Pastoral Assistant / Church Administrator will work closely with our pastor by assisting him with his administrative duties and providing the church with the administrative support that the various teams and ministries require.
1. Assist the pastor in his various administrative duties, calendar, email and calls. Keep the pastors calendar.
2. Be the Administrative point person for Syracuse Alliance Church. Attend to the weekly e-update, compile and communicate the various events of the week, update the website and FB page weekly, receive all guests and incoming calls, assure office equipment is in good condition, maintain adequate office supplies, compile and distribute annual reports and monthly Board of Ministries reports, assist ministry leaders with administrative needs, maintain membership records.
Ministry Team Relationships:
1. Accountable to: Sr. Pastor
2. Accountable for: Assignments from the pastor, administrative duties required by the church, the efficient functioning of the office and office equipment, recruitment, training, and evaluation of an administrative support team.
1. Spiritual Gifts:
2. Hearts Passions:
c. Fostering Teamwork
d. Interpersonal Awareness
e. Forward Thinking
b. Public Relations
a. Ministry Insights #54 – Coordinating Analyzer
b. Social work
c. 2 years college or Business school
d. MS Office Suite
e. Data base development and management
f. Email programs
g. Navigate and Update Web Sites
h. Keyboarding skills
Spiritual Maturity Level:
1. Mature/Leading Believer
Critical Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Continual personal, spiritual and professional growth.
2. Maintain a vibrant and personal relationship with Christ.
3. Agrees with the SAC doctrinal statement, Vision, Mission and Values
4. Be an enthusiastic part of the Syracuse Alliance staff and team
Hours per week: 29
Our Alliance family celebrates Jesus—the image of the invisible God, the Lord of all Creation!
“For in Christ, all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness.” Colossians 2:9-10
Our heartbeat is to know Jesus as our:
Because of who He is and what He’s done, we are compelled to “go!” Humbled by the open invitation He extends to us—what we call the Great Commission—we join Him in His work to restore and reconcile lost and broken people to Himself.
To learn more about the Alliance go to